In the past, you may have asked this question: Should you use a Real Estate Agent to buy or sell your next property? You might be unsure if it would benefit you to use a Realtor
The National Association of Realtors released a 2011 Patrick Goswitz. profile of homebuyers/sellers. It showed that For Sale By Owners only accounted 10% of all home sales. The average FSBO listed home sold in 2011 for $150,000. However, the average real-estate agent assisted home sold in 2011 for $215,000. Many people think they can save time and money selling the house themselves. But, this is often not true. They are often not able to fully appreciate the difficulties that come with selling a home FSBO. The Profile of Homebuyers & Sellers reveals that the most challenging tasks in a FSBO sale are:
* Understanding and listing the property at the right value.
* Understanding and filling in all the forms.
* Be able to devote enough time to all aspects. This would include advertising the home, showing it to potential buyers, responding via email and phone to inquiries about the home.
* Determining if the homeowner should spend more to fix up or prepare their home.
* Selling your home within a time limit.
Selling or buying a home is often the biggest investment people make in their entire lives. A real estate agent will help protect your interests as well as potentially save you considerable money. We’ve compiled a list that offers both buyers and sellers many benefits.
Here are some reasons to hire a real estate agent for home buying
- A home buyer doesn’t usually have to pay a real estate agent.The commission paid to a realty agent for representing a home buyer during a home purchase is paid by the seller. The commission is deducted of the sale price.
- Multiple Listing Service access is available to agents.The Multiple listing service (MLS) gives real estate agents the latest information about homes that are being sold in their area.
This service does not exist for the general public. The MLS can be used by agents to get information about the home, including taxes, its current status, changes in price, special features, etc.
- Agents have extensive knowledge of the area.You should ask your agent about the local schools, recreational opportunities, and other details. You are interested in finding out more information about the local area.
- Agents will negotiate with the seller for your benefit.Negotiating a home’s purchase price can often be very difficult. It’s not uncommon for sellers to request that closing costs be paid, repairs completed, home warranties or inspections be performed. Many agents can negotiate items, such as furniture, refrigerators, washers/dryers, etc., into the sale. Your real estate agent’s job will be to negotiate the best price for you.
- Agents keep the deals going.Once you have accepted your offer, there are many tasks that will need to be completed within a very short time. Your agent can help organize all of the tasks and keep you organized during the process.
The Reasons to Use a Real Estate Agent To Sell A Home
- The commission for a professional real estate agent can be worth it.The commission paid to an agent is worth the effort. An agent is often able to sell your house much faster and for greater money than you can do it on your behalf.
- Agents are experts in the current housing market.An agent who is local to you will be the best choice. This agent will help you understand your neighborhood and what the benefits are.
- Agents know how best to sell your home.This is their job. If they don’t do a satisfactory job, they will be fired. A real estate agent must be an expert in their field. It is wise to research the history of your agent before you hire them to sell your property. Selling a house requires experience, dedication, and knowledge of the market. Their job, is to attract buyers so that the home can be sold.
- Agents know the best ways to make houses sell.Agents will give you tips on how to get your home sold quickly. It could be anything from staging the home to making minor upgrades or repairs.
- Agents will post your home to the MLS.A real estate agent has access the Multiple Listing Service. This tool is only for real estate agents. It allows them and thousands of buyers to see your home.
- Agents can market your house.Your agent will know the best ways to market your property, including flyers, caravans, and open houses.
- Agents represent you up to the final.Your agent will represent and assist you from the day the home is placed on the market until closing escrow. The job of an agent is to ensure that your interests are protected during the sale and that everything in the contract gets done. If there are any issues after or during closing, your agent will be there to help.